Like a glass of water tipped into the ocean vanishes, our youthful shoulders touch only for a moment.
A masquerade of closeness.
The golden hour light illuminates my smile, while the hurt of your indifference hides in the shadows, just beyond the edges of the frame.
A lifetime in black and white, spent chasing after your affection, comes down to this:
We are blood.
And nothing more.
This piece of fiction is inspired by this week’s prompt at Trifecta.
a (1) : the fluid that circulates in the heart, arteries, capillaries, and veins of a vertebrate animal carrying nourishment and oxygen to and bringing away waste products from all parts of the body (2) : a comparable fluid of an invertebrate
b : a fluid resembling blood
: the shedding of blood; also : the taking of life
b : human stock or lineage; especially : royal lineage <a prince of the blood> c : relationship by descent from a common ancestor : kinship d : persons related through common descent : kindred e (1) : honorable or high birth or descent (2) : descent from parents of recognized breed or pedigree
c : relationship by descent from a common ancestor : kinship
d : persons related through common descent : kindred
e (1) : honorable or high birth or descent (2) : descent from parents of recognized breed or pedigree
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn't meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
This week's word is blood.
Photo sourced from the internet.