Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

hold fast

HOLD FAST.

Traditionally, a sailor would have HOLD tattooed on one knuckle, and FAST on the other knuckle so that he could keep a better grip on the riggings.  In other words, don’t let go.

Today, as our nation pauses to reflect on the events of this day, 10 years ago, I think HOLD FAST is a fitting reminder to all of us.

Hold fast.  Don’t let go.  Persevere, and triumph.  Through anything.

In remembrance of all of the victims of September 11, 2001.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Valerie. Lovely. We are also told to Hold Fast in the Bible. Words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that about the tattoos. Nice symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I love that phrase. It comforts me just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it comforting too-I have it hanging on my studio wall where I can read it every day:)

    ReplyDelete