Monday, September 19, 2011

Avast, Me Hearties!

pirates

Begad! Snatch that mutinous landlubber!

Today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

This day, not only do me mark th' passage 'o another year 'o me life, but this day be also international speak like a scurvy pirate day. Either way, a scowl 'n an arrrrr be in order. If ye’d like to spy wit' ye eye ye moniker translated into a scurvy pirate moniker, ye can take 'tis quiz. I guarantee it be pretty silly, but I like me moniker fer this day!

http://www.piratequiz.com/

After ye take th' quiz, then be tellin' me what ye moniker be if ye like, me bucko!

Mad Mary Flint

Shiver me timbers!

9 comments:

  1. That was fun! Here is what my quiz said. (My pirate name is not as cool as yours.)

    Captain Jenny Roberts

    Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina-thanks so much for taking the quiz and posting your name! "Captain" is very impressive!

    I should add that mine, for Mad Mary Flint said:

    Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

    And Tina-"style and swagger" are very, very cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahoy there, Valerie! Raising my (coffee)grog in a birthday toast to you, lassie ... Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the rum?!?

    Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahoy Joanne, and thank ye!! Glad to call ye me friend!

    Rum, by all means! It's on me today, Lisa! Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday my friend! Arggghhh!! We have a lot of pirate talk going on around here daily. It's something Deaglan's really into these days - there's a couple of pirate shows on the kids network.

    Hope your visit with your mother was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kim! Good birthday, and good visit, and I like my pirate name-I may just use it from now on:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to add that my MIL loves doing pirate impressions so she especially happy for this news. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so fun! I'd love to hear her:) Did she take the quiz, Tina?

    ReplyDelete