Friday, December 21, 2012

A Favorite Book

Front cover: Night Tree

Night Tree, by Eve Bunting, is one of my most favorite stories to read this time of year.  I first bought a copy when Amy was a baby, but I misplaced it a couple years ago.  This year, I bought a new copy, because I didn’t want to let another Christmas go by without reading it.  In a nutshell, it’s a wonderful story about a family’s yearly tradition of going into the woods to decorate their special tree with gifts of food for the animals. The book is short, but the text is beautifully written and the illustrations are magical.  I highly recommend it!

Do you have a favorite Christmas book?

6 comments:

  1. Next time we hit the library, I will have to look for this. We have not read it, although we've read some of her others.

    Favorite Christmas book? I like that one (I forget the name) where the kids make a snowman in the woods and the deer and birds come to eat it - it's mostly just real photographs of what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look this book up Valerie. Have a beautiful Christmas with your family and about your comment on my blog I truly feel the same way. Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a sweet book! I think I'd love it.

    I guess I don't really have a favorite Christmas book! Maybe this will be it after I check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Polar Express, or maybe Auntie Claus. Or Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas... Or.. or...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful book! When I was young I liked "Merry Christmas Mom and Dad" with the Little Critter. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks-all of you for sharing your favorites with me-they all sound like winners! :)

    ReplyDelete