Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thanks, Miss Cherrybubbles!

image

I wanted to say a big “Thank You” to Miss Cherrybubbles over at Past Life for giving me this award.  I love her blog-it’s  really fun and full of vintage goodness! 

Here is my list of seven facts about myself-and thanks again Andrea!

  • My first real pet was a guinea pig named Snoopy.  I used to take him for walks using a tiny cat collar and leash.

 

  • In my immature youth I “tagged” a water tower and a sidewalk.  (Bad, I know-and I’m sorry!)

 

  • I like any and all of the chocolates in a box of chocolates-coconut, pink fluffy stuff, molasses…I’ll eat them all.

 

  • My favorite number is 19, but I dislike the number four and try to avoid it when I can.

 

  • I once owned a vintage pea soup green men’s golf sweater that I wore a lot.  (And I mean a lot-it was my favorite!)

 

  • I wish I could live in Hawaii.  I’d have a palm tree in my yard, and  I’d have coconut shrimp at least once a week.

 

  • I am terrified (and I mean TERRIFIED!) of spiders.  When I was little, I had a high fever and hallucinated that I was covered with them.  But I can’t kill them-so I catch them with a bug vacuum and put them outside.

Here are some blogs I love and visit as often as I can.  Check them out if you have a chance-they all deserve a stylish blogger award.

Writing with Style

The Musings of Miss 1941

Two Bears Farm and the Three Cubs

(Florida) Girl

Studio Cherie

The Child

Whole Latte Life

Island Dream Life

Niesz Vintage Home...and fabric

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Stylish Award! I'm so with you on the chocolate thing, anything chocolate goes!

    And thanks too for the Whole Latte Life shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award! I loved reading some fun facts about you.
    And thanks for the list of new blogs to visit!

    I had a hamster and a bunny as a kid that I would take on walks. LOL
    And I had coconut shrimp just last night.
    (made a last minute dipping sauce from apricot preserves and horseradish mustard...sounds a little gross, but tasted fabulous).

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joanne-you are so welcome! Glad we both love chocolate!!

    Kimberly-your blog is pretty darn stylish too-consider yourself added to the list!!

    Could I get your recipe sometime? Coconut shrimp is one of my favorites!! Your dipping sauce sounds heavenly too!

    And cute story about your pets:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEll deserved my friend, well deserved! ANd thanks for the mention! I too am PETRIFIED of a certain bug but I can't even spell it out. I think the love of animals in a person says a lot about them. It says that they are caring and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim-and you are welcome too-I love your blog!
    You are right too-animal lovers are caring and wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally deserve an award for your swell blog! This is such a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers better :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Andrea! I think your blog is really swell too! You know I found it quite by accident a while ago when I was searching for 49er jackets. Discovering your blog was like hitting the jackpot:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS on your award, and Mahalo for including my blog! Hope you do get to live in Hawaii one day soon.

    I can so picture the guinea pig in the cat collar, I think I did that with my pet hamster -- poor things!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A guinea pig named snoopy? I am dying to see a picture of him on his leash!!! You can't make stuff up more interesting than real life, I tell ya.

    And thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete