Sunday, April 14, 2013

Field Day

File:Egg-and-Spoon Race (Barratt's Photo Press).jpg

Hard boiled eggs. 

Ladles instead of spoons. 

Short grass, and an Olympian’s feet.

If only victory was won so easily.

It’s not a given that I hit the wire first.

But I might.

 

 

 

Trifecxtra's challenge asks for exactly 33 of your own words inspired by the following quote from the book you could win in the WBN giveaway. Good luck!

“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” ― Paulo Coelho, Alchemist

File:Egg-and-Spoon Race (Barratt's Photo Press).jpg

17 comments:

  1. Indeed you night! Loved this line: Short grass, and an Olympian’s feet. For some reason I pictured a female version of Hermes here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I pictured that too! Great minds...

    And thank you, my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, yes I might ! nice picture of optimism here Valerie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like "I might" as prelude to a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Valerie! Love the imagery and the fierce hope in this piece. Great take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne-thank you so much! I'm always so thankful for your lovely thoughts on what I say:)

      Delete
  6. I love the possibility just waiting to be explored. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey-thank you! I love the possibility of a dream too-so exciting!

      Delete
  7. The best dream ever! Gorgeous piece, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece-love the optimistic nature of the dreamer here Valerie & such a cute picture
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the last line! It has such a "just you try and stop me" quality to it. The picture is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was one great piece! The last line brims with hope and embodies the spirit of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and the picture made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the entire thing from photo to story! Reminds me of Field Day when I was in grade school and how much fun it was....ahh the memories!

    ReplyDelete