Sunday, April 7, 2013

Finding Flawless

shells

Landed on the beach, like travelers after some mysterious journey. 

Broken pieces, tumbled smooth by sand and tides.

Treasures at my feet.

Much more estimable than the whole.

True virtue lies in imperfection.

 

This piece was inspired by a handful of Florida seashells  They aren’t perfect, but then neither are any of us-and that’s where the beauty lies in each of them-and us.

On to the weekend Trifextra challenge.  We want you to give us thirty-three words of advice.  Your advice can be to anyone or about anything.  We only ask that you make it uniquely yours.  If you have time to kill, you can easily get lost in the advice of others here

17 comments:

  1. You've written a beautiful piece. I think I'll print it and put on my refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann-thank you! I'm absolutely speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and believe it true: True virtue lies in imperfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennifer! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to say it in 33 words-and I really wanted to because I think it's so important to remember too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully done Valerie! And so much truth in that last line. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautifully crafted words,so well complemented by the photo:-) Lovely piece,reflecting your inner beauty Valerie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty bit of advice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wise advice presented in a wonderfully written package. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing more beautiful than the true beauty of imperfection. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love shells (: This makes me want for the beach! I should take a vacation with this advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the piece! And the seashells. They are all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sentiments definitely ring true.

    (So much for my ninja gig ;) )

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful. It applies as well to us as it does to seashells!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sea shells have imperfections from the waves that have rolled over them through time, like us humans who have experienced life and found that we too have a few dints and holes and not quite perfect, but we should be grateful and happy with who we are. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "True virtue lies in imperfection" - So very true in every aspect of life!

    ReplyDelete